Nutritious Meals Cooked On-Site
Beforecare + Aftercare Services Available
1–5 Years Old
The Lighthouse accepts children from 1–5 years old. In addition to our After School Program, we offer individual classrooms and staff for our infant room, toddler classrooms, preschool room, and Pre-K classroom. The Lighthouse is open all year long. Holiday closures are listed on our Parents Handbook and Calendar.
We accept ELRC (formerly known as CCIS) tuition subsidies. Tuition and co-payments are due weekly, and we accept personal checks, money orders, Visa, MasterCard, and PayPal.
For each enrolled child, we require the following forms and documents. These forms are available at the school or may be downloaded below. You can contact our Family Advocates for help with the enrollment process.
The Lighthouse offers equal opportunities and non-discrimination in admissions regardless of race, color, religious creed, disability, ancestry, age, sex, national origin, or English proficiency.
If you are still deciding which Pre-K to attend, look no further! We can find the perfect fit for you. For many of our families, choosing a location that is close to home is critical.
HOW TO BEGIN THE PROCESS:
Collect ALLnecessary documentation below. Applications will not be accepted without all supporting documentation below. (Exceptions for required documentation are made for foster/kinship care, Refugees, Asylum seekers, and families in temporary living situations.).
- Proof of child’s date of birth (Birth certificate, health insurance card, etc.)
- Documentation of family income (Tax forms, 4 consecutive pay stubs, or financial support letter)
- Proof of TANF (DPW) cash, SNAP/food stamps, medical assistance
- Proof of Philadelphia residency (bill, driver’s license, lease, etc.)
- Child’s health insurance card
- Child’s physical health assessment (within the year) and Immunizations
- Completed dental form (within the year)
- Picture identification of parent/guardian (Current State or Federal Photo ID)
- Complete Emergency Contact
- If applicable* custody order, foster letter, homeless verification letter or shelter letter
*Note: If this applies to you, please provide proof of TANF (DPW) cash, SNAP/food stamps, medical assistance, custody order, a copy of child’s IEP, foster letter, and/or homeless verification letter or shelter letter.
You can register online, which should make this process more accessible and easier to complete. Please remember to make sure you choose The Lighthouse as your location. This is listed as a community partner preschool location.
Our address is: 152 West Lehigh Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19133.
To get started click here to review these instructions on how to apply online
To print and complete the form yourself, select the version you wish to use. Our Family Advocates are ready to assist you.